A725 Whisteberry Road | SP Energy Network
Advance information on improvements to the electricity network
Throughout March 2023 SP Energy Networks will be working to upgrade the electricity network in your area. The existing substation and underground cables that supply electricity to your community are approaching the end of their operational life.
- We plan to replace the local high voltage substation and some of the existing underground cables. We will be working only on Whistleberry Road.
- We will be working on the footpaths and roadways with minimal pedestrian disruption. Traffic restriction orders will be in place to restrict the flow of vehicles in the area for the duration of the works.
- We will not require access to any properties however we may be working adjacent to your premises.
This work will:
- Reduce the number of power cuts experienced
- Increase capacity for anticipated EV vehicle chargers
What to expect:
- Interruptions to your supply - There will be no planned interruption to your supply during the delivery of this work. If you do experience an unexpected power cut please contact 105.
- Access to your property - During this work we will not require any access to your premises however we may require to work adjacent to your property.
- Traffic in your area - You may experience an increased presence of our vehicles in your local area. We will need to set up temporary traffic control measures; if your area is affected you will be notified in advance.
- Work duration - The work is programmed to last between 1-2 weeks starting 9th March, however steps are being taken to minimise the size of excavations left open and number of barriers in place.
Find more details and expanded images HERE