A77 South of Ballantrae to Bellfield Interchange, Ayr
19 July 2021
ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON THE A77, AYR COMMENCES 19th JULY
Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential maintenance on the A77 at Ayr. The work will take place from Monday 19th July until Friday 6th August 2021, between 8pm and 6am, each night.
The work will cover the areas South of Ballantrae to Bellfield Interchange – details below:
- Auchencrosh to Ballantrae N/B and S/B
- Bannane hill Layby to Pebbles Spa N/B and S/B
- Shallochpark Rbt
- Bridgmill Rbt to Jct B741 N/B and S/B
- Burnside Farm to Curragh Farm
- Turnburry south Gateway
- Maybole North Gateway to Minishant N/B and S/B
- B7034 jt to Bankfield Rbt Includind Rbt N/B and S/B
- Holmston to Whitletts Including Rbts N/B and S/B
- Sandyford Rbt ans 500m North and South of Rbt
- Dutchouse Rbt
- Spitalhill on Slip
- Spitalhill on slip to Bogend S/B
- Bellfield Rbt
This scheme, with a value of £30,000, will improve the drainage system at this location and reduce disruption from flooding, and the need for more extensive maintenance in future.
The work will be undertaken using lane closures utilising a temporary traffic light system.
We thank road users for their patience while these essential improvements are underway.
Our operatives will follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland