30 April 2021
ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON A77 SPITTALHILL TO LAYBY WILL COMMENCE 24th MAY
Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential maintenance on the northbound A77 Spittalhill to Layby. Work will take place from Monday 24th May to Friday 4th June 2021.
- The first phase of this work will take place overnight between 8pm and 6am on Monday 24th May to Friday 28th The road will re-open as normal outwith these times.
- A continuous full weekend closure will then take place from 8pm on Friday 28th May until 6am on Monday 31st
- The work will then be completed overnight from Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June between 8pm and 6am. The road will re-open as normal outwith these times.
This work requires a full northbound closure from Dutch House Roundabout to Bellfield Interchange, with local access being maintained. A signed diversion route via the A78 and A71 will be in operation.
Traffic will be diverted from the northbound A77 at Dutch House Roundabout to join the westbound A78 to Monktonhead Roundabout, and from here continue on the northbound A78 to Warrix Interchange. From here, vehicles will follow the eastbound A71 to Bellfield Interchange to re-join the northbound A77.
Our operatives will follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland