A78 Collenan Road
10 May 2021
ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON THE A78 BETWEEN COLLENAN ROAD AND MEADOWHEAD ROUNDABOUT COMMENCES MONDAY 10TH MAY
UPDATE (11/05/21): Essential maintenance on the A78 between Collenan Road and Meadowhead Roundabout has been rescheduled to commence from Friday 14th May until Saturday 22nd May 2021. Traffic management details remain as published below.
Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential maintenance on the northbound A78 between Collenan Road and Meadowhead Roundabout. Work will take place from Monday 10th May until the morning of Saturday 22nd May 2021.
The scheme will be carried out using a combination of daytime lane closures, full overnight closures, and a full weekend closure.
The schedule of works is as follows:
- Friday 14th May – Sunday 16th May 2021: Full weekend closure at this location with signed diversion route in operation. Route closes at 8pm on Friday evening and re-opens 6am on Sunday morning. A78 northbound traffic will be diverted via the off-slip road for Troon Harbour and will proceed straight on through the roundabout. At Meadowhead Roundabout, traffic will turn left to re-join the A78 northbound carriageway and diversion will end. This will increase journey times by one minute.
- Sunday 16th May – Saturday 22nd May 2021: Full overnight closures at this location between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night. Traffic will be instructed to follow a signed diversion route. A78 northbound traffic will be diverted via the Loans B746 off-slip road and will merge onto the A759. At the Troon Harbour Roundabout, traffic will turn left and will take a further left at Meadowhead Roundabout where it will be able to re-join the A78 in a northerly direction. This diversion will increase journey times by three minutes.
We thank road users for their patience while this essential maintenance is underway.
Our operatives will follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland
Click on the works map below for further information.