A8 Woodhall to Langbank
ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON THE A8 BETWEEN WOODHALL AND LANGBANK ROUNDABOUTS COMMENCES SUNDAY 8TH MAY
Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential maintenance on the A8 between the Woodhall and Langbank roundabouts from Sunday 8th May until Saturday 11th June 2022. Work will initially take place overnight before moving to a 24 hour operation.
The work will be carried out using the following traffic management:
- Sunday 8th May – Monday 23rd May 2022 - Offside lane closures to facilitate crossover construction and preparatory works at various stages both eastbound and westbound between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night.
- Sunday 8th May – Friday 13th May 2022 (inclusive) - Total overnight closures eastbound from Woodhall Roundabout to Langbank Roundabout between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night.
- Saturday 14th May 2022 - Convoy operation westbound between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
- Sunday 15th May – Wednesday 18th May 2022 (inclusive) - Shuttle running on eastbound carriageway between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night, with traffic following the A8 mainline and Glasgow Road from Woodhall Roundabout (link road from Newark Roundabout to Woodhall Roundabout will be closed in both directions). Access to Kelburn Business Park to be maintained via Parklea Road.
- Wednesday 18th May 2022 - Inner ring closure on the Woodhall Roundabout for material cooling between the hours of 6am and 8pm.
- Thursday 19th May – Saturday 21st May (inclusive) - Shuttle running on westbound carriageway between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night, with traffic following the A8 mainline and Glasgow Road from Woodhall Roundabout (link road from Newark Roundabout to Woodhall Roundabout will be closed in both directions). Access to Kelburn Business Park to be maintained via A8 westbound with on site management.
- Sunday 22nd May 2022 - Total overnight closure eastbound from Woodhall Roundabout to Langbank Roundabout between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
- Monday 23rd May – Monday 30th May 2022 - Contraflow eastbound from 6am on Monday 23rd May to 8pm on Monday 30th
- Monday 30th May 2022 – Works to swap the direction of the contraflow between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
- Tuesday 31st May – Friday 3rd June – Contraflow westbound from 6am on Tuesday 31st May until 8pm on Friday 3rd
- Friday 3rd June – Monday 6th June 2022 - Offside lane closures eastbound and westbound from 6am on Friday 3rd June to 6am on Monday 6th
- Monday 6th June – Thursday 9th June 2022 - Contraflow westbound from 6am on Monday 6th June to 8pm on Thursday 9th
- Thursday 9th June – Saturday 11th June 2022 - Offside lane closures eastbound and westbound from 8pm on Thursday 9th June to 8pm on Saturday 11th
Diversion Route for Overnight Closures
At the A8 Newark Roundabout, diverted traffic will take the A761 via Kilmacolm and Bridge of Weir to join the A737 eastbound. From here, vehicles will join the M8 westbound at Junction 29 St James Interchange to return to the A8 at Langbank.
A local diversion will be in place to maintain access to Finlaystone Country Park via Old Greenock Road when the main entrance is under contraflow.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained throughout these works.
Our operatives will follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland