Openreach Works: A8 Bishopton to Woodhall Roundabout
29 April 2021
Third Party Works
A8 one-day closure for Openreach roadworks
The A8 Eastbound carriageway between the Langbank Roundabout to the M8 (Junction 31, Westferry) will be closed on Sunday, 9 May 2021, to allow essential roadworks to go ahead.
Contractors working on behalf of national digital network business Openreach need to replace a manhole and cover.
An Eastbound diversion will be in place as follows:
- Commence at Newark Roundabout and travel south on Clune Brae and Kilmacolm Road, Port Glasgow (both A761)
- Continue on A761 through Kilmacolm, Bridge of Weir and Brookfield
- Turn right onto the B789 to Barrochan Interchange
- Turn left onto A737, travelling north towards St James Interchange (M8 Jct 29)
- Thereafter follow permanent signing.
A spokesman said: “We’re sorry for any disruption caused by these essential roadworks, where a one-day closure is the only safe option. We’re trying to minimise the impact by working on a Sunday but appreciate this is a busy road. We’d advise drivers to plan ahead and leave some extra time for their journey - and thank them for their understanding.”