A82 | Dumbuck Quarry to Abbotsford Hotel (northbound)
5 October 2021
ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON A82 NORTHBOUND FROM DUMBUCK QUARRY TO ABBOTSFORD HOTEL COMMENCES WEDNESDAY 13TH OCTOBER
Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland as part of the Network Management Contract for the South-West Trunk Road Unit, are undertaking essential maintenance on the A82 between Dumbuck Quarry and the Abbotsford Hotel from Wednesday 13th October until Monday 18th October 2021, between the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night.
This scheme, with a value of £200,000, will benefit around 33,575 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the condition of the carriageway, preventing further deterioration and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out under full, overnight Northbound road closures throughout the planned works period. There will be an additional closure of the Southbound carriageway offside lane to ensure operatives have an appropriate safety zone to work within.
Additionally, small areas of convoy led lane closures will be undertaken:
- Night of Saturday 16th October 2021: Southbound A82 carriageway at the Greenhead Road/Strowans Well Road junction.
- Night of Sunday 17th October 2021: Overnight Northbound A82 Carriageway at the Esso Dunglass filling station
The local diversion route for Northbound traffic will have traffic exiting the A82 at the Glasgow Road junction. Traffic will continue for 1.6km before turning right at the traffic lights on to Greenhead Road. Traffic will then follow Greenhead Road for 0.5km, where it will turn left to re-join the A82 Northbound at Stirling Road.
Our operatives will follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland