M74 | Junction 9 (VRS)
Overnight Closures Required
Issued: 21 March 2023
Ongoing VRS works on the M74 at Junction 9 require two overnight closures as the works programme progresses. There will be a closure between Junctions 8 and 10 on Thursday 23rd March 2023 and Friday 24th March 2023, between the hours of 11pm and 6am, each night. A signed diversion will be in operation. Diversion details are as below:
• Diversion via B7078 – with traffic being diverted onto B7078 at Junction 10 and re-joining M74 at Junction 8
• Nightshift Thursday 23rd March 2023 from 11pm
• Diversion via B7078 – with traffic being diverted onto B7078 at Junction 8 and re-joining M74 at Junction 10
• Nightshift Friday 24th March 2023 from 11pm
BARRIER IMPROVEMENTS ON M74 JUNCTION 9 COMMENCE SUNDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2023
Amey, on behalf of Transport Scotland, is undertaking essential vehicle restraint system (VRS) improvements on the central reserve of the M74 at Junction 9 from Sunday 12th February until Friday 31st March 2023, between the hours of 8pm and 6:30am. Works will take place each week from Sunday to Thursday.
This scheme will benefit around 33,608 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the safety of the carriageway and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out using overnight lane closures/single lane running on both the northbound and southbound carriageways. We thank road users for their patience and co-operation while these essential works take place.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained throughout these works.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting https://www.traffic.gov.scot/ or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland