12 February 2021
UPDATE (12/02/2021): This scheme has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions. Re-scheduled dates will be announced in due course.
ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE ON M8 AT HILLINGTON COMMENCES FRIDAY 12TH FEBRUARY
Essential maintenance on the M8 at Hillington between the eastbound and westbound slip roads is taking place from Friday 12th February until Sunday 28th February 2021. The work will be carried out during the hours of 8pm and 6am, each night.
This scheme, with a value of £296,775, will benefit around 97,000 vehicles using this route each day, by improving the condition of the carriageway and reducing the need for more extensive maintenance in the future.
The work will be carried out using a series of full road closures at this location including on the M8 westbound Junction 26 off-slip road as detailed below.
- 12th and 16th to 22nd February (Overnight total closure 8pm to 6am) –Eastbound carriageway closure with diversion route in place through the Off and On Slip roads at Junction 26.
- 13th to 16th February 2021 (Overnight total closure 8pm to 6am) – Westbound carriageway closure with diversion route between Junction 25a Off Slip road and Junction 26 On Slip road.
- 22nd to 24th February (Overnight only for 2 nights - partial closure) – Westbound Lane 1 and Junction 26 Off Slip Road closure with Lane 2 & 3 running. Diversion route between Junction 25a Off Slip Road and Junction 26 On Slip Road.
- 24th to 28th February 2021 (Overnight total closure 8pm to 6am) – Westbound carriageway closure with diversion route in place through the Off and On Slip roads at Junction 26.
During the closure of the westbound carriageway and slip road, diversion routes will differ dependant on the phase of the works. Traffic will either:
- Divert through the Off and On Slip roads at Junction 26;
- Leave Junction 25a towards Braehead turning left at Kings Inch Drive junction, following the King’s Inch Road and Hillington Road heading south. At Hillington Interchange, traffic will then take the third exit onto the M8 Westbound at Junction 26.
An eastbound lane one closure will be required on the morning of Saturday 13th February 2021 with lanes two and three running. This will be followed by a westbound lane one closure on the morning of Sunday 14th February 2021 with lanes two and three running.
Our operatives will follow strict physical distancing and hygiene protocols throughout the programme, in line with the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 guidance.
Please note, all schemes are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
- A free Road Work Alerts service is available from our website: https://swtrunkroads.scot/roadwork-alerts/ An email address is all that is required to sign up for the service.
- To report a problem on the network please visit: https://swtrunkroads.scot/report-a-problem/
- Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting www.trafficscotland.org or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland